or checking in w/ our hapless orange and black brethren to the west: a recap of giants opening day.
• A light collision involving rookie shortstop Brian Bocock and Roberts that left Roberts on his knees, his glove flung into left field.
• A dropped popup by second baseman Ray Durham, leading to a run.
• A couple wild pitches.
• A passed ball.
• Two missed cutoff men by center fielder Aaron Rowand.
• A man (OK, the rookie Bocock) getting picked off first in the eighth inning, in a five-run deficit.
• A few unnerving moments leading into the bottom of the eighth, in which the Giants appeared content to go it without a left fielder. (Which, come to think of it, would have been a suitable tribute to the man who was supposed to have been holding the franchise back.)