I didn't watch most of the game, but I *did* read the box score, and I don't know if you knew this, but pretty much everything you need to know is in the box score. I don't even know why they show the games on TV. Box scores in the newspaper are baseball, not human beings with feelings and seeing-eye singles.
- The Rangers went up 5-1 in the top of the fifth. Orioles fans were livid. Abandon all hope! Ye who enter here!
- In the bottom of the fifth the Orioles narrowed it to 5-4 on a Brian Bob homer, a misplayed single from Huff, and an RBI double from Luuuuke.
- The next inning Adam Jones hit a three-run homer.
- In the eighth Markakis gave us an insurance run with an RBI single.
- Brad Bergesen was roughed up, going four innings and allowing five earned on ten hits. He walked one and struck out three, and three big fly ding dongs were hit at his expense.
- The bullpen put it doooown after that. Baez threw three perfect innings (!), Johnson threw one, and Sherrill allowed but one hit for his fourth save.
- Ian Kinsler went 0-for-5, bringing his ridiculous assault on Orioles pitching to a halt (hopefully). Before today he was an absolutely ridiculous 14-for-25 (.560/.577/1.160) with three homers and 9 RBIs this season against us. And his 0-for-5 today means his numbers are still absurd.
Most Birdland Player (MBP) for today's game was:
Adam Jones (3-for-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, BB) (197 votes)
Brian Roberts (4-for-5, HR, RBI, 3 R) (31 votes)
Danys Baez (3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K) (77 votes)
Nick Markakis (2-for-3, 2 RBI, R, BB) (1 vote)
306 total votes