Things I learned at the Tides-Chiefs game last night:
1. Ex-Cubs like to sign autographs.
2. Chris Tillman has absolutely filthy stuff. His fastball was routinely hitting 94-95. His curveball froze batters. He struck out 10 and walked 2 in 6 scoreless innings.
3. Nolan Reimold can't do much more to deserve a call-up. 3 for 5 and every one of his hits were rifle blasts...2 doubles and a HR. His line on the season is now .396/.484/.755.
4. Matt Wieters is human. 0 for 5 including 2 GIDP. He was DHing, but I hope to see him catch Thursday night.
5. Joey Gathright was trying to impress in his first game with the organization. He got a basehit leading off the night, but then got caught stealing. He didn't get much of a jump at all and was thrown out easily. He then redeemed himself with a beautiful catch in center, jumping high into the wall to rob the Chiefs of a double in the first inning, which was their only real chance of putting a dent in Tillman. Joey finished 2 for 5. He was playing without his name on his jersey since he "just got here" as he told a guy who was needling him in the autograph line. I don't know how he fits in with the organization, but maybe we can package him in some kind of deal.
6. Minor league baseball is where it's at for O's fans this year. Why pay big bucks to see Mark Hendrickson and Adam Eaton when you can sit in the front row for $10 and watch guys who (hopefully) will be a good chunk of our future? Of course, living in Syracuse, I have little choice.
<!-- TOKEN_1242219752207_TOKEN -->