Wow, what a weekend at CBP!
Had the chance to visit the home of the Fightin's for all three games, and while the corporate tix I got from the boss got me 10 rows from the field on Friday and Saturday, my own quick pick of a couple of cheap standing room tix for yesterday were the real winners of the weekend.
The O's really played wonderful baseball, except for all of the frustrating RISP that were still haunting them on Saturday.
My top five highlights from the weekend -
- The Roberts homer on Saturday. Down to his last strike, he hammered the crap out of that ball. The Phils were one strike from celebrating, and with one mighty swing BRob silenced 45,000 screaming fans. I think I heard about twenty "Yes" cheers as he rounded the bases - but the silence that fell over that place in the blink of an eye was a thing of beauty.
- Georgie pitching lights out on Sat and then yesterday. He was wicked good.
- The standing room seats @ CBP. You can travel anywhere in the park, just don't try and take a seat. I spent 3/4 of the game standing above the field level seats behind home plates, in a beverage stop complete with cup holder, etc. Awesome.
- Dinner @ Tony Lukes on Oregon Ave both Sat and Sunday. We love us some Boogs, but these guys make the best roast pork and roast beef sandwiches in the world. Hands down.
- Being able to come into work today and laugh out loud at my Phille Phanatical office mate.