I think it might be something like this:
1. Guthrie- Just because of his experience and because he will be the leader of the rotation. Even though he has had some what of a rough year, I don't think any of the other young guys are ready to be a number one.
2. Bergesen- Our real ace and best pitcher has proven this year to be one of the best young arms in baseball as he currently as the 9th best era in the AL and has a good chance to be rookie of the year.
3. Matusz- Clearly the pitcher of the future for the O's. Has the stuff to become a star.
4. Tilman- Another promising young arm, whose ERA is a little high right now, but he only has two starts under his belt. His stuff has looked very good though.
5. David Hernandez- I think he will be the number 5 starter at the beginning of the season, but I think after a couple of months we will bring up Arrieta and move Hernandez to the bullpen. Possible closer of the future? However, I would love to see Arrieta come up this year and be the number five starter next year.
I think that even though the staff is young it will be MUCH improved from this year. We will no longer have Hill, Berken, Alfredo Simon or whatever his name was, or Adam Eaton, thank god! I think we might turn out to have a decent season next year with this as a rotation, especially as our young bats continue to improve. Maybe around .500, as we will still be rebuilding.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think Arrieta might slip in there and Hernandez will be in the bullpen? Or anyother changes?