- Chris Tillman was pretty bad. He started off with some bad luck as ground balls were hit where the infielders couldn't get to them and with a Yankee Stadium home run to right field by Alex Rodriguez that would have been an out in most other stadiums. After a thirty-pitch first inning he couldn't recover and he completely fell apart in the second inning. His final line: 1.2 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HR.
- Chris Jakubauskas did a pretty good job in relief, pitching 3.1 innings. He did allow a solo HR to Jorge Posada (the right field HR advantage at Yankee Stadium is really helping keep Posada's career alive, huh?).
- Brad Bergesen pitched two perfect innings. Good to see from Bergy after is disastrous start last week.
- Jeremy Accardo had a tough inning, letting two on with none out before a double play and a fly ball saved him.
- A.J. Burnett shut down the O's for six innings. They had their chances in the first and second innings with base runners, including Brian Roberts at third with only one out in the first, but they couldn't score. From the third inning through the six, Burnett allowed just one base runner on a double to Matt Wieters in the fifth.
- The O's offense came on too little too late in the seventh inning as Matt Wieters and Brian Roberts each hit two-run homers. If only the O's weren't already down by seven at the time.
- After their outburst in the seventh, the O's were quiet. Rafael Soriano pitched the eighth, allowing just a single to Luke Scott. Mariano Rivera pitched a perfect ninth for the save.