I had plans to post this sometime in the next week or so, but twisted's post inspired me to get on the ball.
This is the second annual Camden Chat Pick 'Em pool. Last year we had twelve participants and Wieters Wieners took home the grand prize, with kba162 coming in second. We're going to do the same rules as last year. The entry fee will be $50, also same as last year.
- To sign up for the pool, go to this link: http://ccpick2011.football.cbssports.com/e to sign up. The password is gazelle.
- Once you've signed up, you need to send me $50 via paypal. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you choose "personal" when you send it. If you choose purchase, it'll charge me a fee. You don't need to do it right away, but if you haven't sent me your entry fee by 7:00 p.m. eastern on Thursday, September 8th, you'll be dropped from the league.
- This is a straight pick 'em pool, so just pick who you think will win. There's no worry about the points spread or anything like that.
- In addition to picking the winner of each matchup, you'll also predict the combined score for the Monday Night Football game. This will only be used in case of a tie.
- Picks must be in one hour before the first game that day. So if you miss Thursday's game, you can still pick for Saturday/Sunday as long as you make those deadlines.
- If you forget to make your picks for a week, your score for the week will be one less than the lowest number of correct picks made by the other players.
- Each week, the player who has the highest number of correct picks will receive $10. If there is a tie, the winner will be determined by whoever is closest with the MNF prediction.
- At the end of the season, the second place winner will earn back their entry fee. In the event of a tie, the $50 will be split among those tied for second place.
- The player with the most correct picks at the end of the season will win the balance of the pot. So if we end up with 15 players, for example, the winner will take home $530. (15*50=750. 750-170-50=530)
That's it! I hope a lot of you will sign up, last year it was a lot of fun and generated a lot of dicussion every week. If you have any questions, please email me or list them in the comments.