I have managed to turn my 12 year old daughter (middle name - Brooks) into a big Orioles fan and we watch all the games together on MLB.TV. We are planning an Orioles trip to Baltimore on August 11 to August 15. So that’s:
Royals @ 7:05 PM August 11
Royals @ 1:35 PM August 12
Red Sox @ 7:05 PM August 14
Red Sox @ 7:05 PM August 15
I would really appreciate any help/advice that you guys could provide. I have to do this on a budget so I have some questions that I am hoping that you guys can help me with:
· Is there a hotel/motel relatively close to the park that is a real good value?
· Where is the best place to purchase merchandise (shirts/caps primarily)?
· Would it be better to take the Camden Yards tour on a game day or an off day (Aug 13)?
· Is there any way to get good seats (other than purchasing online at Orioles.com)?
· The August 11 game is Eddie Murray sculpture day. Is there any way to get into the picnic area during the presentation to shake Eddie’s hand or get a picture?
· Would there be any other Oriole related activities that we could do during the day on Aug 13, Aug 14 and Aug 15?
I really appreciate any advice that you can provide. We are looking forward to the trip!
PS. We are in Toronto so this is a fairly big trip for us. It's about an 8 hour drive to Baltimore.