Do you have what it takes?
Good news! Camden Chat will be hosting an official Yahoo! Fantasy Basball league for the 2013 season. We're looking for a few good Camden Chat members to host competitive teams and vie for bragging rights on the site for the entire next offseason, while Dan Duquette strings us all along.
The league is set up for your viewing pleasure at this link. The league will be available for public viewing all season long (and I'll post some irregular updates here on the site, too). But if you want to join, you'll need to E-mail me using the link on my profile. Up to 14 teams can join, and preference will be given to regular contributors and commenters on the site, after which we will go first come, first served.
The league is a rotisserie league, set up with mostly standard Yahoo! settings, but the following changes:
- Wins have been replaced with Quality Starts
- OPS and K/BB have been added
- 2 DL slots and 6 bench slots per team
- Only one Utility slot for hitters
- Commissioner approves trades, no voting (anything reasonable balanced will be approved)
You can view the full settings by visiting the league page. We'll do a live online draft, scheduled at a time when the most managers can participate.
Feel free to ask questions about the league in the comments. If you want to join, E-mail me and include "Camden Chat Fantasy Baseball" in your subject line so I'll be sure to see it. Make sure to include your Camden Chat username in the body of the E-mail, too. The one and only thing I ask, if you want to join, is that you commit to actively managing your team all season long - even if you're out of contention late in the season. Zombie teams make everything less fun for everyone!
General details on Yahoo!'s Fantasy Baseball site are below:
- Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
- The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
- Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
- Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
- Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
- Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.