The 2013 MLB All-Star Game will take place on Tuesday night at Citi Field, with the fan- and player-selected stars from the American League and the National League battling for the right for one of their teams to have one more scheduled home game in the World Series. The fun begins on the FOX network at 8pm Eastern time, with the game itself beginning after unknown minutes worth of probably-cheesy and possibly-terrible pre-game programming.
At least we got Pitbull out of the way before the Home Run Derby. Hopefully he doesn't make it two nights in a row.
Here are your starting lineups for the game:
|AMERICAN LEAGUE||NATIONAL LEAGUE|
|Mike Trout - LF||Brandon Phillips - 2B|
|Robinson Cano - 2B||Carlos Beltran - RF|
|Miguel Cabrera - 3B||Joey Votto - 1B|
|Chris Davis - 1B||David Wright - 3B|
|Jose Bautista - RF||Carlos Gonzalez - LF|
|David Ortiz - DH||Yadier Molina - C|
|Adam Jones - CF||Troy Tulowitzki - SS|
|Joe Mauer - C||Michael Cuddyer - DH|
|J.J. Hardy - SS||Bryce Harper - CF|
|(Max Scherzer - SP)||(Matt Harvey - SP)|
The American League reserves include Orioles Manny Machado and Chris Tillman, along with a bunch of guys who don't matter because they aren't Orioles. The National League reserves include a bunch of guys who don't matter because they are in the National League.
You can check out the full rosters for yourself on MLB's interactive page, which includes stats and a short bio of all of the players you may not be familiar with, as well as a video highlight package. For instance, Tillman's includes some of the out pitches in the game where he pitched eight shutout innings in Anaheim.
On Monday night, oddsmakers at the Bovada sportsbook had the National League favored in the game, with an over/under for total runs by both teams set at 8. Wright of the Mets is listed with the best odds of winning the MVP of the game, at 10/1. The best odds on an O's player winning All-Star MVP is Davis at 14/1. Odds subject to change, as those things tend to do.
Now, for fun and bragging rights, some prediction questions that you can answer in the comments below.
- Which team will win the game? (Make sure to vote for this one in the poll below.)
- Who will be the All-Star MVP?
- Which team will score last?
- Will an Orioles player hit a home run in the game?
- Will Chris Tillman, who has 11 wins, appear in the game?
- How many times will the camera cut to the star from a FOX show or movie?
Stay tuned to Camden Chat through the day for as much Orioles-related All-Star Game coverage as you are going to find anywhere.
More from Camden Chat:
- 2013 MLB All Star game: Yoenis Cespedes wins Home Run Derby, Chris Davis places fourth and injures hand
- Around the Minors: 7/15/13
- MLB All Star Game news: Baltimore Orioles offering discounted tickets based on Chris Davis's HR derby total
- Week 15 Birds Up, O's Down (July 8-14)
- Orioles GIFs of the Week