This is the 11th-highest chance among the teams in MLB, with all ten teams currently in playoff spots having better odds. Everyone behind the Orioles in odds is also behind them in the standings.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are currently the favorites at 9/2.
The odds for every team in baseball that has an above-.500 record:
Los Angeles Dodgers 9/2
Detroit Tigers 5/1
Atlanta Braves 13/2
Boston Red Sox 15/2
St. Louis Cardinals 10/1
Tampa Bay Rays 11/1
Texas Rangers 11/1
Cincinnati Reds 12/1
Oakland Athletics 12/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 12/1
Baltimore Orioles 18/1
New York Yankees 40/1
Arizona Diamondbacks 45/1
Cleveland Indians 45/1
Kansas City Royals 45/1
Interestingly, the Indians are a mere half-game behind the Orioles in the wild card standings but have significantly worse odds of winning the World Series.
What do you think the minds of the Vegas sportsbooks sees in the Orioles to put them so much better than teams not far behind them in the standings? If you were the betting type, would you want any part of the Orioles at 18/1? Are you feeling Puigmania as the 9/2 favorites?
More from Camden Chat:
- Series Preview: O's vs. Rockies (16 - 18 August)
- Scoreboard watching: A.L. East and Wild Card races
- Around the minors 8/15/13: Zach Britton leaves Norfolk start after being hit by batted ball
- Baltimore Orioles Podcast: Camdencast Episode 50 - Jim Johnson Rage
- It's OK to panic about the 2013 Orioles, but remember that things used to be a whole lot worse