The Tides were off today.
Bowie lost 5-3. Tyler Wilson gave up 5 ER in 5 IP on 6 hits (2 HR) and a walk, striking out 6 with a GB/FB of 4/3. Clay Schrader put up a clean sheet in 1 IP, with 1 K. Caleb Joseph went 2-4. Lew Ford went 1-4 with a homer and two strikeouts.
Frederick scored 4 in the bottom of the 8th and hung on to win 5-3. Zach Clark gave up 1 H and an unearned run in 5 IP, but the knuckler also walked six while striking out 1 with an 8/2 GB/FB, adding in a wild pitch and a passed ball. Matt Hobgood gave up 2 ER in 3 IP on 3 hits (1 HR), striking out 1, walking none with a GB/FB of 6/2. Michael Ohlman was DHing tonight and went 0-3 with a walk and a K. Cuban international Dariel Alvarez went 2-4 with a homer and a K, he was also caught stealing. He is currently batting .481.
The Shorebirds gave up 1 in the bottom of the ninth and another in the bottom of the 10th, losing 4-3. Parker Bridwell continues to flash some potential, giving up 2 ER in 7 IP on six hits and a walk, striking out 7 with a GB/FB of 7/6. Adrian Marin continues to not play, though he is not on the DL. Gregory Lorenzo went 2-5 with a K and a SB. Lucas Herbst goes 1-5 with a K.
Aberdeen scored 3 in the top of the 10th, and would need all of them, hanging on for a 6-5 victory. Steven Brault's recent struggles continued, giving up 2 ER in 3 IP on 4 hits and 2 walks, striking out 2 with a GB/FB of 2/1. Mike Yastrzemski went 1-5 with a K. Trey Mancini went 2-4 with a walk. Hector Veloz went 2-5 with a double, two strikeouts and his 10th error on the season.
Rookie level highlights:
- Trent Mummey (GCL): 1-5 with a double and two strikeouts
- Ronarsy Ledesma: 0-4 with a walk and two strikeouts
- Chance Sisco: 1-2 with a walk and a HBP
- Jonah Heim: 1-3 with a walk and a K
- 18 y/o Brazilian RHP Rafael Moreno (DSL): 6 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 4/1 K/BB
- Rauel Acosta: 1-3 with a walk
- 19 y/o Dominican RHP Jose Rosario: 4.1 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 6/1 K/BB
- Daniel Franco: 2-3 with a walk with a SB and a CS
- Ademar Rifaela: 0-2 with 2 walks and a K and a CS
- Daniel Fajardo: 0-4