The little guy. Hell, let's just call it like it is to all of us: Pedro's midget. Pedro's midget passed away. I don't mean to sound insensitive, and honestly the man left a real impression on me for no particular reason.
* Alan Trammell hired as the Cubs bench coach. The Cubs may also pursue pitcher Hiroki Kuroda, who had a 1.85 ERA for Hiroshima of the Central League this year. It's not clear if Kuroda has any interest in coming to the States.
* Third baseman Akinori Iwamura is being pursued by Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego and Cleveland. He started for the Japanese WBC team, and hit .311/.388/.543 with the Yakult Swallows this season.
* Matsuzaka would reportedly prefer to pitch for the Mariners if given the option.
* The A's released 2B D'Angelo Jimenez.
* The Phillies signed Jamie Moyer to a two-year extension. Oh boy.
* The Giants are going to interview Bruce Bochy, who has gotten permission from the Padres to look into other offers despite having a year left on his contract. He's the most successful manager in Padres history. The Giants have already interviewed bench coach Ron Wotus, Mets third base coach Manny Acta, Angels pitching coach Bud Black and Piniella.
* It was pine tar.