Rick Dempsey checks in
I love Rick Dempsey. I mean, sometimes when he's talking on the post-game I forget, but overall it's just impossible not to love the dude. -Stacey
Three O's executives to attend GM meetings
Andy MacPhail, Wayne Krivsky, and Matt Klentak will attend the GM meetings next week in Chicago. I had totally forgotten that Krivsky works for the O's. -Stacey
Arizona Fall League recap -- Nov. 6
The Desert Dogs fall to the Scorpions but Brandon Waring homered. -Stacey
Brian Bob wants Matt Holliday
Keep dreaming, Brian. -Stacey
2010 World Series favorites
"5. Orioles - We have to put one sleeper on here. Baltimore's rebuilding process could be done; its crop of young starters is ready to go at the major league level. Also look for breakout seasons from center fielder Adam Jones and right fielder Nick Markakis. The Washington Times made a funny! -Stacey
Ranking Who in MLB Got the Biggest Bang For the Buck in 2009
The Biz of Baseball examines how much each team paid per marginal win. Check the article for the math, but basically it's how much they paid beyond the league minimum/player for each win above .300. Embarrassingly, the Orioles spent more per marginal win than the Yankees. -Stacey
Yankees fans seem content to punch the repeat button
A great article that almost perfectly explains the frustration I felt when my Yankee loving friend didn't really seem all that pressed about if she should go to the WS parade or not. -Stacey
F#*k Your Parade, Yankees
Did O'sFan21 get a guest writing gig at Deadspin? -Stacey
Hot Stove News
The Brewers traded SS J.J. Hardy to the Twins for CF Carlos Gomez. A win for the Twins, if you ask me.
- The Diamondbacks picked up the $8.5M option on ace Brandon Webb. Webb underwent shoulder surgery but the D-Backs are banking on his healthy return.
- The White Sox bought out Jermaine Dye's $12M option, making him a free agent. Dye, who will be 36 next seasson, hit 27 HR in '09 but his other numbers dropped significantly.
- The Reds won't be picking up Ramon Hernandez's $8.5M option, but they'd like to bring him back at a lower price.
- The Phillies picked up the no-brainer option on Cliff Lee for 2010, and hope to sign him to an extension.
- The Mets have declined JJ Putz's $9.1M option. I find it bizarre that anyone would even think Putz would be worth that much in the first place. I wonder did Bill Bavasi give him that contract?
- The Phillies have cut ties with Brett Myers.
- There will be no Manny Ramirez drama this off-season as he has exercised his $20M option with the Dodgers.