Norfolk won 3-0. Tsuyoshi Wada would go 5 scoreless, allowing 4 hits and a walk, striking out 7 with a GB/FB of 2/5. Steve Johnson would follow him up with 3 scoreless, allowing a hit and a walk, striking out 1 with a GB/FB of 3/3. Jonathan Schoop went 1-4 with a double and a K (he has a 165 ISO in AAA this year...). Xavier Avery went 3-3 with 2 stolen bases.
Bowie won 2-1. Christian Walker DNP. Caleb Joseph would go 1-4 with a double and a K.
Frederick would win a crazy one, 3-2. The Keys scored one in the tenth and two in the eleventh, but hung on for the 3-2 win. Trent Howard went five scoreless, allowing two hits and two walks, striking out 4 with a GB/FB of 2/1. Matt Hobgood would tack on 4 scoreless, yielding a hit, striking out 4, walking none with a GB/FB of 2/1. Jesse Beal went two thirds of an inning with a K. Michael Ohlman went 2-4 with a walk and two strikeouts.
The Shorebirds won 7-2. Adrian Marin went 3-3 with a double and a sacrifice fly. Joel Hutter went 0-4 with a walk. Lucas Herbst went 2-5. Torsten Boss went 1-3 with a walk, a K, two stolen bases and an error.
Aberdeen won a crazy one, 10-9. Both teams scored 3 in the ninth, but the iBirds scored one in the tenth for the victory. Steven Brault finally ran into some difficulty, giving up 3 ER in 2 IP on 5 hits and 2 walks, striking out 2. Dylan Rheault gave up 2 ER in 2.2 IP on 3 hits and 2 walks, striking out none. Mike Yastrzemski went 3-5 with a homer, a walk and a K. Trey Mancini went 2-6 with 3 Ks. Hector Veloz went 1-5 with a K.
Rookie League highlights:
- Wilson Betemit: 2-3 with a double, a walk and a K
- Ronarsy Ledesma: 2-3 with a double and a triple
- Jonah Heim: 0-4
- Andres Aguilar: 1-4 with a K
- Stephen Tarpley: 1 ER in 4 IP on 4 hits and a walk, striking out 4 with a GB/FB of 3/2
- Ademar Rifaela: 2-7 with 3 walks and 2 Ks (in a doubleheader)
- Yeizer Marrugo: 1 ER in 5 IP on 6 hits and 2 walks without recording a K
- Daniel Fajardo 1-1
- Christian Alvarado: 4 IP, 1 ER, 2 hits, 5/1 K/BB
- Ronald Soto: 1-4 with a double and a K