Way back on March 12th, I posted the Camden Chat Pre-Season Contest. When it was all said and done, 244 of you had responded. It was our biggest response since we started doing the contest and we had a six-way tie for first!. Out of 25 questions, the most answered correctly was 12 by The Birds Clinch, goldomatic, ocfan, osinnyc, Birdbrain.8, and Robert R. Congratulations to all! Please email me at email@example.com to claim your prize.
For the rest of you, you can see how many you got correct at this link. The results are sorted by number correct, so just do the CTRL+F (or corresponding Apple command) to find your name.
Here are the complete questions and answers:
Which will be higher?
1. Games played by Brian Roberts or Alexi Casilla? Roberts - 77, Casilla - 62
189 answered Roberts, 55 answered Casilla
2. Matt Wieters caught stealing % or Nick Markakis on-base percentage? Wieters - 35%, Markakis - 32.0%
146 answered Wieters, 98 answered Markakis
3. Games played at 3B by Wilson Betemit or ML games by Kevin Gausman/Dylan Bundy? Betemit - 0, Gausman - 20
48 answered Betemit, 196 answered Gausman/Bundy
4. Wins by the Orioles or wins by the Yankees? Tie! 85 wins each.
203 answered Orioles, 41 answered Yankees
5. Home runs by Nick Markakis or stolen bases by Adam Jones? Markakis - 10, Jones - 14
155 answered Markakis, 89 answered Jones
6. # of pitchers who start a game for the O's or # of starts by Jake Arrieta? Tie! 14 pitchers started, 14 starts by Arrieta (5 in Bmore, 9 in Chi Town)
121 answered # of pitchers, 123 answered Arrieta
7. Orioles hitters with 20+ home runs or pitchers with 10+ wins? Hitters - 4, Pitchers - 2
216 answered hitters, 28 answered pitchers
8. Nolan Reimold games played or games on the DL? Games played - 40, Days on DL - way more than 40
175 answered games played, 69 answered days on DL
9. Pedro Strop's BB/9 or Darren O'Day's K/BB? Strop - 6.0 (as an O, 4.1 overall), O'Day - 3.93
119 answered Strop, 125 answered O'Day
10. Total questions right in this contest - Stacey or Mark? Stacey 7, Mark 9
122 answered Stacey, 122 answered Mark. Seriously.
11. Orioles wins - 76.5. 85/Over
231 said over, 13 said under
12. Red Sox wins - 79.5. 97/Over
67 said over, 177 said under
13. Jim Johnson saves - 39.5. 50/Over
105 said over, 139 said under
14. Chris Davis home runs - 29.5. 53/Over
150 said over, 94 said under
15. Jason Hammel innings pitched - 170.5. 139.1/Under
155 said over, 89 said under
Who will be the first...
16. Oriole to hit a home run? Matt Wieters
11 correct answers
Most popular answer: Adam Jones (69)
17. Oriole to pitch a complete game? Scott Feldman
0 correct answers
Most popular answer: Jason Hammel (148)
4 people answered no one and they almost won
18. Team the Orioles sweep? Nationals
1 correct answer
Most popular answer: Twins (162)
There was some controversy over if 2 games of the 4 game split series counts as a sweep, but I stand by it.
19. Minor leaguer called up? Yamaico Navarro (he got sent back down without playing)
1 correct answer
Most popular answer: Ryan Flaherty (28) - Flaherty was on the Opening Day roster
20. Oriole to record a walk off hit? Matt Wieters
23 correct answers
Most popular answer: Adam Jones (78)
Best answer: Matt Flaherty
Who will lead the Orioles in...
21. Innings pitched? Chris Tillman -206.1
25 correct answers
Most popular answer: Jason Hammel (107)
Best answer: Bruce Chen
22. Walks (as a batter)? Chris Davis - 72
12 correct answers
Most popular answer: Nick Markakis - 123
23. Appearances out of the bullpen? Jim Johnson - 74
30 correct answers
Most popular answer: Darren O'Day (179)
24. Slugging percentage? Chris Davis - .634
133 correct answers
Most popular answer: Chris Davis
Best answer: WTF is SLG?
Second best answer: Brian Roberts
25. Hits (as a batter)? Manny Machado - 189
2 correct answers
Most popular answer: Adam Jones (164)
NOTE: This story has been edited to reflect a mistake made by me in question 6. It was a double whammy mistake, as I miscounted the number of Orioles to make a start (I initially wrote 11) and I did not account for Jake Arrieta's starts in Chicago. Next year the questions will only apply to a player as an Oriole.