Happy Saturday, Camden Chatters! Did you stay up for that wild baseball game last night? I made it longer than I expected but was still snoozing by the final pitch. To read the details of this game you can check out Paul Folkemer’s recap on the front page.
The Orioles are mercifully wrapping up their west cost road trip this weekend and will be back in Baltimore on Tuesday to face Manny Machado and the Padres. I wanted to go see Manny but will be out of town. I’m a little worried he’s going to get booed. Are you going to either of the games vs the Padres? If so, don’t boo Manny!
Buck Showalter could return to the Yankees as an analyst for YES - Awful Announcing
I only want the best for Buck but I do not care for this.
Zac Lowther Has Earned a Promotion to AAA - Eutaw Street Report
With a 1.95 ERA in 13 starts, Lowther has been impressive with Bowie. He could stand to cut down on the walks though.
Zach Watson wins another Gold Glove Award - 247Sports.com
The O's third round draft pick was selected for the 2019 American Baseball Coaches Association Gold Glove team for the NCAA. Not bad! Now they just need to sign him.
RHP Kieran Lovegrove Reportedly Joins Orioles - Birds Watcher
He walks a million batters and had an 8.59 ERA with the Richmond Flying Squirrels, so he'll fit right in.
Is today your birthday? Happy birthday! You are awash in Orioles birthday buddies. There are six of them! They are:
- Engelb Vielma, who appeared in eight games for the 2018 Orioles. He’s appeared in three games for the Bowie Baysox this year and turns 25 years old today.
- Willie Harris, who kicked off his 12-year career with nine games with the 2001 Orioles. Harris is celebrating birthday number 41 today.
- Esteban Yan, who I remember as a baseball player but not as an Oriole. Yan appeared in 7 games for the Orioles between 1996-97, then went on to play for the Devil Rays, Rangers, Cardinals, Tigers, Angels, and Reds before retiring after the 2006 season. Today is Yan’s 44th birthday.
- Brian Sackinsky, whose entire major league career was made up of three games pitching in relief for the 1996 Orioles. Sackinsky turns 48 today.
- Mike Anderson, who played for the Orioles in 1978. He spent most of his career with the Phillies and had a sweet seventies ‘stache. Today is his 68th birthday.
- Russ Snyder, who spent 1961-67 as an outfielder for the Orioles. A special happy birthday to him as he turns 85 years old today.
On this day in 1962, Boog Powell became the first player to homer over the center field hedge at Memorial Stadium. He hit the ball a cool 469 feet.